Let It Go

Ah, Ten Grands. A gorgeous stage, stunning talent, and a weekend like no other. Some of you may remember our adventures at the concerts last year. This year, we were invited back to sing "Let It Go", from the ever popular Disney movie, Frozen. We had SO MUCH FUN that it's incredibly hard to explain in short words.





For those of you who haven't heard of Ten Grands before, it's a series of concerts --

Ten Grands for Kids, Something Grand (Salvation Army fundraiser), and Ten Grands
(Snowman Foundation fundraiser) -- featuring ten pianists at ten grand pianos and a variety of other performances.
 
Visit our YouTube channel to watch our performance in Michael Allen Harrison's "Ten Grands" concerts at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.

Photographs by Haiyuan Lu
This performance was different for a few reasons... first, Cayla wasn't in her normal spot behind the piano and instead performed with Ashley. And it was a completely different experience. Looking straight into the ominous darkness of the concert hall, at the thousands of eyes staring up at you... it's scary. But doing it with Ashley made it easier and unforgettable.



 
Second, there were ten pianos and seven stringed instruments creating a magical soundtrack. It took our breath away when we first heard it and it still does.
 
Thank you to Michael Allen Harrison for another great show! And thank you to all the amazing pianists, violinists, and cellists accompanying us.
 

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful time. Amazing. I love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angel! We always look forward to the Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.

      Delete
  2. You girls are inspiring!! I love reading your posts! Thanks for linking up to Wake up Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really WAS a beautiful stage, and it looks like you guys had so much fun!! :D I can only imagine how much fun that must be haha...I've only ever been on a stage for anything more than an introduction once in my life, and then I had my friends by my side! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What makes it so fun is that we have the chance to do it together. :D Thanks for the visit, Noah!

      Delete
  4. I love that song!!!!!!!!!! I love you guys!!!!! Tell me more. I wish you guys lived here. Do you still do k12? Do you think I should post my singing on the k12 site?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! Maybe we'll meet one day. :)

      Yup, we're still a part of K12, and hope to be until we graduate high school. Go ahead and share your music on the K12 site! (And if you'd like, share the link with us so we can support you!)

      Delete
  5. You were both wonderful! I'm so happy that you shared this at Fluster's Creative Muster, it was a great way to start my day. I hope that you'll come back and share more.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very magical and inspiring dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this before. Thank you for introducing me to it. Visiting from Wake Up Wednesday LInky Party.

    ReplyDelete

Go for it. Tell us what you think!

Contact

C O N T A C T

questions, messages, or booking? let them know.

Email:

caylaandashley@gmail.com

Work Time:

Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm

Phone: