The Story Behind "Every Wall"


The Story

Watching bursts of inspiration transform into a song is amazing. Over the past two years, melodies have slipped inside my head at the most peculiar times. The words usually just flow out as a gift from God.

"Every Wall" wasn't like that.

The first fuzzy recording of this song included only the first verse. It took four more meticulous drafts to sketch out the melody of the entire song, and writing the lyrics took many more. This project would have never been possible without the mentors that helped us take a raw idea and make it into something real. 


The Lyrics


You’ve got my dreams wrapped up
Inside a paper bag
Like they’re no use at all
Let me tell you that they are
Inside those dreams are hopes
From deep within my heart
The faith that helps me stand
And live life well

Every day I have a chance
To pick myself back up
To prove myself and show the world
I’ll make it right
I know there’s strength inside me
Gonna make my dreams come true
With faith I can do anything
You can’t stop me now
 
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall

So many things have stopped me
I won’t let them break me now
I have the strength to fight
So let them fall
Let the pain push me forward
Fear won’t drive me back!
Let me hold the victory–

I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall

Oh–     Oh–     Oh–     Oh–
Oh–     Oh–     Oh–     Oh–

I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall
I’m tearing down every wall

They’ve got your dreams wrapped up
Inside a paper bag
Like they’re no use at all
Let me tell you that they are!

The Song


 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! What powerful lyrics! It's amazing that you are creating and producing music at such a young age. You both spread a powerful message. Never stop doing it for God and giving it all to him. You are gifted for a reason! You have a new fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victoria! Your words really touched our hearts. God bless you!

      Delete

Go for it. Tell us what you think!

Contact

C O N T A C T

questions, messages, or booking? let them know.

Email:

caylaandashley@gmail.com

Work Time:

Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm

Phone: